Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Ocala? As a general rule, there are three primary areas of your residence for video surveillance: your front door, the exterior space around your home, and strategic interior positions. Although your provider is able to suggest where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Always Defend Your Front Entryway
Even though it might seem absurd that a burglar would make an effort to just stroll through the front door, 34% of invasions occur at the front door. You also have porch pirates among other threats to think about. A video doorbell is perfect to handle these types of possibilities with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Doorbell surveillance is extra useful as you have the ability to converse with any visitors who come and press the button. Through your security app, like ADT Control, you may reply to every ring with 2-way talk and live video and give the impression you’re on site. Then if a visitor begins doing something questionable, you can have your camera document the event on video and deliver it to your cell phone with a text message.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Outdoor Cameras
Where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home can be a daunting task. Fortunately, there are some useful recommendations to make sure your property is safeguarded appropriately.
- Corners of your Ocala home offer a better sightline, seeing two segments of your exterior.
- Position underneath an eave or into a bit of cladding or edging are ideal locations for cameras as they will be partially obscured by blending into your gutterline.
- Above your garage, as the garage door is a more enticing entryway for burglars than you’d think!
- Over a back porch or sliding door -- or any doorway not in clear view from the road.
To make sure these locations are successful, make sure you cut back any brush and branches that could obscure the camera’s view.
Tips To Enjoy The Highest Level of Performance From Your Indoor Cameras
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras within your property in Ocala. But the additional flexibility means you have more factors to contemplate:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Although it’s wise to make sure your windows are secure, the sunlight from a window may cause glare and affect your surveillance footage. Direct your interior camera lens away from direct sunlight to circumvent this issue.
- Take the High Road: Similar to an observation deck, a video camera located in an elevated area will produce a broader view. You might situate your cameras above bookcases or attached to a corner or ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your camera won’t have the chance to protect you if anything happens to it. Set your devices in a spot where children or pets can’t mess with them. Consider mounting or a different method of securing them to ensure they don’t fall if inadvertently knocked into.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The best security camera will fail to be of much use if you have a decorative item or plant obstructing the field of vision. On the other hand, decor or foliage also have the ability to conceal your security equipment. Just make sure they don’t impede the view!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the right package for your complete residence -- defending every square foot. Simply contact (352) 325-7261 or fill out the form on this page to get started.