The latest residential security installations are becoming more capable every year. Even so, you may still neglect to complete basic security duties like turning on your a security system, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you never had to remember doing these things again? When utilizing geofencing in Ocala, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Ocala For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual perimeter along the sides of your house, which you may set up in your smart security app. This modern home security option then utilizes your phone to deduce when you go past the boundary and then triggers pre-programmed actions or notifications.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements take advantage of to interact with each other. The technology assists your home security by grouping all elements onto the same network. You are then able to institute a unique boundary around your home and designate what actions you want to take place when you cross the boundary.
For instance, as soon as you pull away from your premises, you can program your security system to secure your front and back doors, lower the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to inform your system to disable the alarm, elevate the garage door, activate lighting, and even alter your your home’s comfort levels.
Here are some of the devices you can control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices such as speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your property’s security system in Ocala. When accessing the security app, you can do a lot with home automation. Just tap the app interface, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: set your smart components to engage at predetermined times. Have your lights start to lower to tell you that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make specific devices engage in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to switch on the exhaust fan when the CO detector is set off. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway if your surveillance system detects abnormal activity outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Design scenes featuring various devices that operate in concert with each other. Make your lights switch off, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks bolt when the day is done. Or set the mood for TV night with preset light and HVAC levels.
● Take advantage of geofencing: You may not always remember to set your alarm as you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Ocala
Whether you seek additional certainty of a fully secured property whenever you leave or you wish to take advantage of home automation, geofencing is a wise choice. Contact a skilled member of our team today at (352) 325-7261 or complete the form below to get started on your optimal security system.